THE POWER OF THIOLS (glutathione and alpha-lipoic acid) TO HELP TRANSFORM YOUR HEALTH
Free radicals are reactive particles that bounce around your cells, damaging everything they touch. They become active (or reactive) due to stress, poor diets, toxins in your environment, and even as a result of the process of metabolism. They accelerate aging. Fortunately your body has a number of antioxidants that help to sweep up free radicals and neutralize them so they can’t rob you of your good health. You have an antioxidant network comprised of vitamins, minerals, and special chemicals called thiols (glutathione and alpha-lipoic acid).
Glutathione seems to have a unique role. It seems to have claimed lead status, and keeps all the other antioxidants in line and performing at peak level.*
- Glutathione is one of the most powerful antioxidants in your body.
- It is present in every one of your cells.
- It’s different from other antioxidants in that it is actually inside your cells.
- It can maximize the activity of all the other antioxidants, including vitamins C and E, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, and the fresh veggies and fruits you eat every day.*
So the main function of glutathione is to protect your cells and mitochondria from oxidative and peroxidative damage.* As might be expected, the aging process reduces your body’s ability to produce glutathione.*
Since glutathione is so incredibly capable at thwarting those free radicals, you’d think there’d be a big rush to make it into a supplement. And you’d be right.
But glutathione doesn’t appear to be as effective in supplement form as it is in real food.
YOUR No.1 SOURCE FOR MAXIMISING GLUTATHIONE LEVELS - WHEY PROTEIN
But the overall top food for maximizing your glutathione is high quality whey protein.
- It must be cold pressed whey protein derived from grass fed cows, and free of hormones, chemicals, and sugar.
- Quality whey provides all the key amino acids for glutathione production (cysteine, glycine and glutamate) and contains a unique cysteine residue (glutamylcysteine) that is highly bioactive in its affinity for converting to glutathione.
- Glutamylcysteine is a bonded cysteine molecule (cysteine plus glutamate) that naturally occurs in Bovine Serum Albumin – a fragile immune component of whey. This unique cysteine is exclusive to whey and rarely appears in other protein foods – which makes whey protein the best glutathione-promoting food source.*
- Furthermore, whey provides critical co-factors, immunoglobulins, lactoferrin and alpha Lactalbumin (also a great source of cysteine), which together help create the right metabolic environment for high glutathione activity.*
Why Supplement Your Diet with an All-Natural Whey Protein Powder?
Particularly as you age, your body gradually loses its ability to produce critical amino acids -- the essential proteins you need for energy production, immune actions and protein buildup in the muscle.
Therefore, the need to supplement with these amino acids increases as you get older and increases even more in times of high physical stress, like after a workout, or when recovering from injury or illness.
Whey protein contains all the essential amino acids*. Plus it boasts the highest protein quality rating among all proteins. Thus, it is a complete protein.
Whey protein is a by-product of the cheese manufacturing process. At one time it was discarded or used for animal feed, but researchers later realized whey protein has incredible benefits for humans.
High-quality whey protein can have dramatic effects. Benefits include:
* Supports your immune health*
* Boosts your energy*
* Supports your joint and muscle health*
* Supports your beneficial gut bacteria*
* Promotes your muscle strength, endurance and recovery*
* Protects all your tissues' cells via its antioxidant properties*
* Provides critical amino acids and proteins for overall optimal health*
* Supports your body's optimal metabolic rate and fat burning level*
You can quickly see why whey protein is so beneficial for anyone living an active lifestyle.
DANGERS OF MANY WHEY PROTEINS
- Many commercially-available whey protein powders are significantly damaged and nutritionally deficient due to over-processing and because the original source of the whey is compromised.
- Some popular leading brands of protein powder may contain dangerous levels of heavy metals. A recent Consumer Reports’ test showed that 3 of the 15 protein drinks tested contained risky levels of arsenic, cadmium, and lead.
Check out this list and make sure you're buying a whey protein powder that has all nine of these qualities needed to be a real winner...
The 9 Essentials to Look For in Your Whey Protein Powder
1. All-natural, grass fed cows' whey, NOT pesticide-treated, grain-fed cows' whey. Compared to grain-fed cows, grass fed cows produce whey that:
Is nutritionally superior to grain fed, contains an impressive amino acid and immuno-supportive nutrient profile, is rich in healthy fats--lipolic acid and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid)
2. Hormone-free Cows, NOT hormonally-treated cows
Many American dairy farmers inject the hormone rBGH in dairy cows to increase milk production. This hormone has been linked to serious disease and illness, including cancer. Choose whey made from hormone-free cows.
3. Cold processed, NOT heat processed:
Most whey is heat processed which makes the whey acidic and nutritionally deficient, damages the immuno-supportive micronutrients and amino acids, makes whey inadequate for consumption. Cold processed whey protects the nutrients in their natural state.
4. Acid-free processing, NOT Acid / Ion Exchange Processing:
Acid / Ion Exchange Processing is cheaper than acid-free processing, but it denatures the amino acid profiles by using acids and chemicals to separate the whey from the fats.
5. Whey protein concentrate, NOT protein isolates:
Protein isolates are proteins stripped away from their nutritional cofactors. There are three problems with that:
All isolates are exposed to acid processing, your body cannot assimilate proteins in isolated form, due to over-processing, isolates are deficient in key amino acids and nutritional cofactors.
6. Sweetened naturally, NOT artificially, and low carb:
Most whey products are artificially sweetened making them useless if you have sugar sensitivities, or just don't want to put artificial sweeteners or flavors into your body. Your whey should be low glycemic, low carb and should not contain any artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohol, glycerin, fructose, sugar or gluten.
7. Maximum biological value, NOT compromised or damaged
Most whey proteins provide some benefit. But, due to the ingredients, the source of the whey, the concentration of beneficial nutrients, or the type of processing, many whey products simply don't deliver what they promise, You want whey that's guaranteed to retain its maximum biological value -- one with all the key amino acids, cofactors and beneficial micronutrients present and intact rather than compromised or damaged, and not missing any amino acids or essential nutrients.
8. Easy to Digest, NOT Causing Digestive Stress
Many whey products contain long-chain fatty acids which are hard to digest and require bile acids to absorb. You want a whey protein powder with medium chain triglycerides (MCT). These are easily absorbed, digested quickly, and utilized as energy without causing digestive stress. Ideally, you want a product in which the MCT come from the best source of all -- coconut oil.
9. Free from Toxic Heavy Metals or at Such Low Levels NOT to be a Health Risk
Many protein powders both whey and non-whey could contain dangerous levels of heavy metals like mercury, lead, cadmium, and arsenic. A recent Consumer Reports’ evaluation showed some leading brands of protein powders exceeded United States Pharmacopoeia’s (USP) recommended safety limits for certain heavy metals. You want to avoid these products at all costs because any high concentration of heavy metals taken over time could lead to serious health consequences.
Miracle Whey Protein PowderMiracle Whey™ is the result of years of development.
Take a look at just a few of the benefits you'll receive when you supplement your daily diet with Miracle Whey:
- Made from all-natural grass fed cows’ whey, providing more of nature’s nutrients
- Is cold processed, and never processed with acid chemicals, thereby retaining all its natural goodness
- Provides all key amino acids, so you get all the protein building blocks your body needs*
- Retains maximum biological value with beneficial micronutrients intact*
- Contains the highest concentration of leucine of any dairy product, said to increase energy levels and support building of muscle mass*
- Contains water-soluble fiber, which supports healthy blood sugar levels* and prebiotic properties*
- Contains 25% or more glycomacropeptides for immune support, high energy, muscle building and recovery after exercise*
- Contains MCTs from all-natural coconut oil for easy digestion and fast energy*
- Rich in glutamic acid and branch chain amino acids which aid muscle-building and recovery *
- Contains all whey microfructures, immunoglobulins and lactoferins, promoting your healthy immune function and healthy flora balance*
- No sugar, sugar alcohol or artificial sweeteners added that detract from the positive benefits of whey.
- Includes the same immuno compounds that are found naturally in human breast milk -- responsible for providing newborns with their immune defense*
- Promotes satiety, so compulsive craving for refined carbs and sweets is curbed*
Comes in your choice of six delicious flavors with no aftertaste like some powders on the market. Available in vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, blueberry, banana and peanut butter (made from all-organic peanuts)
Plus, Miracle Whey™ contains the much researched (and scientifically proven) beta glucans, so you can be sure that your immune system is getting the boost it needs.* Beta glucans modulate your immune response.* Most importantly, they don't over-stimulate your immune system like so many other products.*
As a leading supplier of high quality grass fed cows' whey, we'd like to ensure you that our products are heavily tested and scrutinized to -- first and foremost -- ensure food safety.
The monitoring and testing of Miracle Whey™ includes heavy metal testing which has been and continues to be routinely evaluated by accredited third party laboratories in accordance to AOAC methodology. Analytical results for Miracle Whey™ in this past year indicate the following:
Heavy metal Result Method
Arsenic <0.01 ppm SM3113D
Lead <0.05 ppm SM3113B
Mercury <0.05 ppm SM3112D
Chromium <0.1 ppm SM3113B
Copper <2 ppm AOAC969.23
Selenium < 1 ppm AOAC969.23
Silver < 0.02 ppm AOAC 969.23
Cadmium < 0.02 ppm SM3113B
If this type of information is not available on a whey protein powder you’re interested in, simply don’t take the risk.
- Is Miracle Whey Halal/ Kosher?
The whey is Kosher and Halal approved, but the facility isn’t certified K.
- What type of cow does the milk come from?
Guernsey cows (A2 milk).
- Are the cows antibiotics free?
- Is Miracle Whey a complete protein?
Yes. Miracle Whey contains the full spectrum of amino acids, thus making it a complete protein.
- Does it contain casein? Can people who are allergic or sensitive to casein use it?
Miracle Whey contains no casein. It can be used by casein sensitive people.
- Where does Miracle Whey Protein come from? What safety measures are used in manufacturing it?
Miracle Whey is derived from Wisconsin grass fed cows. It is a by-product of raw milk cheese (cheddar) production-- known for its high safety and quality manufacturing regulations that are required to grant a good tasting, high quality aged cheese. The whey’s processing and safety measures are done in accordance with the FDA’s GMP guidelines.
- Is it safe for pregnant women or nursing mothers to use?
It is certainly safe for pregnant and nursing mothers
- Is Miracle Whey gluten free?
It is 100% gluten free, manufactured in a gluten free facility.
- Is Miracle Whey undenatured?
It is undenatured.
- Does Miracle Whey contain phenylalanine?
The Whey contains all essentials amino acids including phenylalanine.
- Does Miracle Whey go through a pasteurization process? What temperature is it processed at?
Miracle Whey is processed via low heat micro-filtration which partially replaces heat pasteurization. The whey is forced through ceramic micro-filters that trap virtually all microbial elements in the milk – yielding a microbial free safe product which sustains all fragile whey components. The raw milk is heated to 70˚C for a brief 15 seconds and then cooled down to 5˚C for the remaining processing.
- Are the cows grass fed?
The cows are 100% grass fed.
- How do you make it?
You can mix it with water or milk until reaching your desired consistency – pudding or milk shake. For a milk shake consistency, use 6 oz milk or water with 8 oz ice. Put in a blender and enjoy.
The Miracle Whey powder can also be eaten (chewed) directly from the canister.
- What are the sources for the different flavors?
All flavors are derived from 100% natural food sources. Each flavor relates to its natural source: i.e. blueberry flavor – derived from blueberries, banana flavor – derived from ripened banana powder, etc.
- Is Miracle Whey isolate protein or whey concentrate?
- Can people who are allergic or sensitive to milk use this product?
Miracle Whey is low in lactose. Generally, it can be tolerated by the average lactose sensitive person. People who are allergic or sensitive to milk may need to consult with their health practitioner before using any dairy product including whey.
- What type(s) of sweetener(s) is/are used in this product?
The product is naturally sweetened with Lo-han, a non-glycemic fruit extract.
- Is it made using pasteurized or raw milk?
Miracle Whey is derived from raw, non-homogenized milk.
- Are any of the ingredients from China? If so, can you comment on the safety/ purity?
The sweetener Lo-Han Kuo is a dried fruit extract native to southern China. The Lo-Han powder is carefully extracted through a method of filtering and drying that separates all impurities – yielding a product free of chemicals, heavy metals, fiber or microbial components. Preliminary toxicological studies on animals showed that Lo-Han extract is highly safe even in extremely high dosages (of over 10g/kg body weight)
- Is it water soluble?
Yes. Miracle Whey instantly dissolves in water.
- Does Miracle Whey contain naturally occurring cysteine?
Yes. About 3g cysteine per 100g whey powder.
- Is it safe for lacto-vegetarians?
The Whey mix is perfectly suited for Lacto-vegetarians. The product contains only natural occurring nutrients with no animal amino acids or by-products added.
- Are the amino acids Branch Chain Amino Acids, peptide bonded amino acids…?
The Branch-Chain Amino Acids are peptide bonded as they naturally occur in the whey.
- Are there any wheat, nut, or soy products used in manufacturing? Is it manufactured in a facility that makes other products with these ingredients?
The product is free of wheat and soy. It is manufactured in a facility that is wheat free, but occasionally uses nuts and soy lecithin.
- What is the shelf life of Miracle Whey?
- What is the proper storage temperature?
Room temperature (70˚ F) or refrigeration
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.