Tao in a Bottle
A Remarkable New Anti-Stress Formulation
Tao in a Bottle™ is Dragon Herbs number one selling encapsulated product. It is a remarkable adaptogenic formula that is made from the concentrated extracts of six of the greatest tonic herbs in the world: Gynostemma, Duanwood Reishi, Ginseng, Siberian Ginseng (Eleuthero), Schizandra, Tibet Rhodiola, Astragalus and Ginkgo Biloba. It also includes the amino acid L-theanine, found naturally in green tea. L-theanine is a unique ingredient that has powerful anti-stress actions when consumed in the correct dose.
Tao in a Bottle™ is a revolutionary new anti-stress formulation exclusively from Ron Teeguarden’s Dragon Herbs that promotes profound relaxation without causing drowsiness. It promotes peaceful alertness and mental focus – the perfect Yin and Yang balance that nature intended. Tao in a Bottle™ does not cause drowsiness so it may be used by active individuals performing their normal daily (or nightly) tasks.
A Revolutionary New Anti-Stress Formulation
We all know that life can be stressful, in fact for most people life is innately stressful. Even the things that bring happiness in our lives — our families, relationships, careers and hobbies can be a source of anxiety and tension when times are tough. And the very things we’ve taken for granted as Americans – our safety and freedom – are now an additional source of worry and fear. As a result, many of us are simply feeling more anxious and tense than ever before.
Stress is the root of much of the unhappiness, disharmony and sickness people suffer. Almost every sickness is caused by stress, or greatly magnified by it. It is well established that “stress kills.” Certainly, excessive stress, and our reactions to it, shorten our lives and make life less pleasurable.
Stress management is critical to health and happiness. Humans practice innumerable ways of stress management, from religion (and prayer, meditation, yoga, chanting, service, etc.) to techniques like biofeedback, to recreational sex, to drinking alcohol, to gambling, etc., and to sports and athletics, including working out and dancing, etc.
For millions of people, anxiety and stress is handled in a destructive way. We’ve all heard the terms “comfort food”, “social drinking” or “casual smoking.” These are all destructive forms of self medication aimed at reducing our daily stress.
Tao in a Bottle is a wonderful new herbal discovery. Tao in a Bottle is a 100% natural, totally safe herbal supplement that will help you achieve a natural state of relaxation without drowsiness. In fact, used regularly Tao in a Bottle will actually allow you to deal with your everyday stress without being tense, and will help you improve your performance in whatever you do.
L-theanine is an amino acid found naturally in green tea. This amino acid has been found to be extraordinarily relaxing. All studies and experience indicate that L-theanine is absolutely safe and has no side effects. It has been widely used in Japan for over forty years in over a hundred products, including gum, ice cream, soft drinks.
L-theanine is a very healthy substance. First, it is an important component of green tea (Camellia sinensis), one of the healthiest substances consumed by human beings. It is a safe and fast-acting stress and anxiety-relieving phyto-nutrient. Numerous studies have shown that when L-theanine is assimilated in the small intestine, it stimulates the brain’s production of alpha waves, which are associated with a sense of profound relaxation, mental focus, and mental clarity. L-theanine also helps you stay relaxed by stimulating your body to produce other calming amino acids, including dopamine, GABA, and L-tryptophan.
Two new lines of study regarding L-theanine indicate that Tao in a Bottle™ is even better for you than we thought.
Interestingly, many people in Japan, where L-theanine has been used for over forty years, and more recently in America, have noticed that taking L-theanine can profoundly benefit the ability to sleep easily and soundly. Common sense tells us that if the mind can “shut off the chatter” it will be easier to sleep. Tao in a Bottle™ has been found to do that remarkably well.
A 1999 review study on L-theanine in Trends in Food Science and Technology reported that the brain absorbs L-theanine within 30 minutes and that the a dose of 200 mg increases alpha wave production and relaxation. Animal studies published in Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry in 1998 showed that L-theanine produced 26% more Tryptophan than rats who ate a placebo. The animals who ate L-theanine also exhibited less anxious behavior than those who didn’t.
Sleep Studies Impressive
In a set of studies recently published in Japan, conducted at the National Mental and Nerve Center of Japan, L-theanine was demonstrated to have profound benefits on sleep in 22 college students who volunteered. The effects of L-theanine on sleep were examined on the students by utilizing a standardized psychological evaluation method and a sleep/waking-state presumption method based on a continuous activity record.
The students were given 200 mg L-Theanine (the same proprietary brand of L-theanine used by Dragon Herbs), one hour prior to sleep.
The following conclusions were obtained:
1. Fatigue recovery by sleep improved
2. Subjects felt sleep was longer than usual, even when it wasn’t.
3. Smooth entering of sleep was facilitated and a good sleep was maintained.
4. Severity and frequency of bad dreams was reduced.
5. Retention and stability of sleep was improved.
6. Subjects tended to evaluate sleep quality as “better” with a sense of improved sound sleep.
7. By improving sleep quality, there is an improved possibility of obtaining effective recovery of the high-level brain function associated with the prefrontal cortex of the brain. As a result, there was a tendency to experience a sense of “improved spirit” at the time of waking and an increase of self-confidence.
8. Frequency of middle-of-the-night awakening was reduced and sleep quality improved. This effect, by taking 200 mg of L-theanine one hour prior to going to bed, was more significant in the later period of sleep. Many of the effects noted in the study, such as improved fatigue recovery at the time of awakening, a sense of an extended sleep period, decrease of severity and frequency of bad dreams, an improvement over retention and stability of sleep, and an improvement of spirit and self-confidence at the time a awakening, were physiologically improved as a result of the improvement of sleep functions during the later period of sleep, namely the sleep immediately prior to the time of awakening.
Based on the study, taking two capsules of Tao in a Bottle each day should help promote better sleep.
Dragon Herbs also produces a bedtime formula known as Lights Out™ that contains L-theanine. It also includes herbs traditionally used to promote sound sleep. Lights Out™ is not a conventional sleeping pill. It will not “knock you out,” nor will it cause drowsiness in the morning. Taking 2 capsules of Lights Out™ half an hour before bed will help you relax and will help most people get a better night’s sleep. It may be taken alone or in addition to Tao in a Bottle™.
Boosts the Immune System
A recent issue of Discover Magazine rated recent discovery that L-theanine is a potent immune booster as one of the world’s 100 top science stories of 2003.
In a study conducted by Jack Bukowski of Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston and Harvard Medical School, and reported in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, it was found that L-theanine, isolated from tea leaf, has a significant immune boosting quality in humans.
In the study, Bukowski and his co-authors isolated L-theanine from tea leaf. They used the L-theanine to conduct a number of studies. Bukowski said that L-theanine is broken down in the liver to ethylamine, a molecule that primes the response of an immune cell called a gamma-delta T cell.
“We know from other studies that these gamma-delta T cells in the blood are the first line of defense against many types of bacteria, viral, fungal and parasitic infections,” he said. “They even have some anti-tumor activity. The T cells prompt the secretion of interferon, a key part of the body’s chemical defense against infection,” Bukowski said.
“We know from mouse studies that if you boost this part of the immune system it can protect against infection,” he said. “We worked out the molecular aspects of this tea component (L-theanine) in the test tube and then tested it on a small number of people to see if it actually worked in human beings,” said Bukowski. The results, he says, gave clear proof that five cups of tea a day sharpened the body’s defenses against disease.
Tao in a Bottle Is Convenient
Unfortunately, it is difficult for most people to consume five cups of tea a day. Therefore, consuming a capsule or two of Tao in a Bottle, which provides the L-theanine equivalent of 10 cups of tea, will do the job of boosting the immune system. That, in combination with the other immune boosting herbs in Tao in a Bottle, should be more than enough reason to start your day with a couple of capsules of Tao in a Bottle.
Tao in a Bottle Q & A
What is Tao in a Bottle? Will I actually be relaxed during a stressful day?
- Tao in a Bottle is a new and unique formula designed by Master Herbalist Ron Teeguarden
- It is designed to help us handle stress.
- Tao in a Bottle is unlike anything that has been available before.
- The main ingredient is an amino acid called theanine. Theanine is an amino acid found only in green tea.
- Theanine is the first herbal ingredient that helps you to feel calm and alert at the same time, and it works quickly to release tension and worry.
- Tao in a Bottle also contains special adaptogenic herbs. If you use Tao in a Bottle regularly, you will become more resistant to stress.
What do we mean by “relaxation?”
- Relaxation is a natural state of being that occurs when we are not stressed.
- When we are relaxed, we feel like our “true selves.”
- When we are relaxed, we are not nervous, and we do not come from a place of fear, worry, anxiety or anger when reacting to the events of our lives and the people we encounter
- We often make mistakes because of our anxiety, then we feel disappointed in ourselves, and that just adds to our stress.
- We all have moments when we feel really “on.” There are different names for that feeling: “in the groove”, “in the flow.” Ron Teeguarden calls that feeling a state of “peaceful alertness”
- When you take Tao in a Bottle, the tension just melts away
- When you use Tao in a Bottle regularly, you can experience that state of peaceful alertness the majority of the time.
Is it true that I will feel the affects of Tao in a Bottle within minutes, and are there long-term benefits?
- Most people feel an effect within 30 to 40 minutes, and the results can last an entire day.
- When you take it every day the effects are actually cumulative.
- Over a period of time you’re ability to handle stress will increase.
Will this help me at work and at home?
- Yes, when you are relaxed and focused at work you can work more efficiently without making mistakes, and you make better decisions when you are thinking clearly. Work stress can be debilitating, and work is by its very nature stressful. Sometimes, it is very stressful and can cause psychological breakdowns and physical problems like ulcers and headaches, or worse. Those who can handle more stress win in business. Tao in a Bottle is fantastic for people who lead stressful lives and it is certainly beneficial to those who are engaged in stressful business activity. Studies have shown that theanine improves learning and concentration, so certainly, it will help us perform better at work.
- Tao in a Bottle will also help at home. As a result of being more relaxed, most people find that they can relate and interact better with their families. People find that their children do not irritate them and that they tend to fight less often with other members of the family. In a positive sense, people find that they are more open and creative when they are relaxed and alert, and therefore they have more fun with their families. They tend to be more engaged and the concept of “quality time” takes on new meaning.
Will Tao in a Bottle help me if I am a student? Is it OK to give to my kids?
- Studies conducted in Japan indicate that theanine improves learning. It is widely used in Japan specifically for that purpose. It is used by students of all ages to promote relaxation and alertness. It has a calming effect that promotes mental endurance and concentration over a number of hours, and students say that they find studying more interesting and enjoyable.
- Theanine is used in candies and ice cream in Japan. However, it is probably best suited for children over the age of ten years old (though there are no known contraindications for smaller children). A ten-year old child may consume 50 milligrams of theanine, twice a day. That is ½ a capsule of Tao in a Bottle, two times a day, dissolved in juice. Children fifteen years and older may take a full dose of 100 to 200 milligrams a day – that is one or two capsules of Tao in a Bottle each day. Theanine has been proven to be completely safe.
What if I am really shy, will it help me open up at parties or even on a date?
- Shyness is actually a fear of social situations
- Tao in a Bottle helps put you in the state of “peaceful alertness”
- When you are in the state of peaceful alertness, you can more easily open up to people and communicate your true nature
- When we’re relaxed and communicating our true nature, people naturally like us more and are attracted to us.
Do we recommend Tao in a Bottle for athletes? Will it affect my sharpness or reaction time?
- Professional athletes use adaptogenic herbs to improve their performance and concentration.
- Tao in a Bottle contains the same herbs that we give to world-caliber athletes. Athletes around the world, including Olympians and professional superstars, such as NBA all-stars, use herbs like ginseng, Siberian ginseng, rhodiola and astragalus.
- The adaptogenic herbs used in Tao in a Bottle are completely safe, absolutely legal, and extremely reliable.
- Athletes also talk about being “in the zone,” “in the groove” or “in the flow.” That’s the same state of peaceful alertness that we have been talking about.
- Theanine does not cause drowsiness like other herbs touted for their relaxation benefits, such as kava or valerian root. In fact, it promotes clarity and sharpness. Athletes find they make quicker, better decisions on the spur of the moment and therefore perform better under the stress of competition.
- Tao in a Bottle will help an athlete remain emotionally balanced, even under the most stressful circumstances. This can be the difference between winning and losing. Yet it does not reduce the desire to succeed or the competitive edge – in fact, many athletes find they are better focused and can direct their aggressiveness properly toward winning and achieving athlete perfection.
If I am a martial arts practitioner, will Tao in a Bottle take away my competitive edge?
- No, Grasshopper. Every serious practitioner of the martial arts understands the connection between a calm, steady, clear and focused mind and success in the martial arts. Theanine is not a sedative – it does not cause drowsiness, laziness, listlessness or spaciness. Instead, it causes the mind to go into an alpha state. This is the perfect state of mind for any competition, including combat. Also, the great adaptogenic herbs in this formula, including ginseng, astragalus and Reishi have been used by martial arts masters, including those of the Shaolin Temples in China. They are superb Qi tonics that increase vitality and inner power.
- Ron Teeguarden’s primary teacher, Taoist Master Sung Jin Park, was an eighth-degree black belt in seven martial arts. Master Park was second in the world in Hapkido. He used these tonic herbs every day of his life and recommended that Ron do the same.
Does Tao in a Bottle have any other benefits for athletes?
- Yes. It has been proven that theanine improves recovery from hard physical activity. Bodybuilders use it to recover more quickly. Any athlete wishing to recover more quickly may use it. It is ideal for runners, bicyclists, ball players, skiers, rock climbers, triathletes, etc.
- Tibetan rhodiola increases oxygen in the blood stream, by as much as 100%. This increase in oxygen can vastly improve endurance, concentration and shear energy. Many Russian Olympic athletes, cosmonauts on the space station Mir, and mountain climbers scaling the highest mountains in the world have used rhodiola.
- Eleuthero has been demonstrated to increase athletic endurance and concentration.
What are alpha waves, and what is the effect of Tao in a Bottle on our alpha waves?
- The brain generates brain waves that can be measured at the surface of the skull. The waves reflect our state of mind. Alpha is the designation for the state of mind, and thus the shape of the brain waves, that occurs when a person is in a perfect state of conscious balance – awake, alert, focused, and totally relaxed.
- When alpha waves increase we feel calm and alert, relaxed and yet not drowsy, unstressed and clear. Many people say they feel more “present.” Most people say they can concentrate better and with less effort.
- An “alpha state” is a very healthy state of mind. In most instances during our daily life, it is the perfect state of mind.
Is Tao in a Bottle is a natural product?
Absolutely. Tao in a Bottle is 100% natural and contains no added salts, wheat, gluten, corn, coloring, dairy products or preservatives.
Does Tao in a Bottle contain caffeine, ma huang, kava or anything like that?
- No. Tao in a Bottle does not contain any stimulants or sedatives. Adaptogenic herbs have “double-direction activity.” If your body-mind needs to be active, these herbs foster activity. If your body-mind needs to be quiet, these same herbs foster rest and recovery.
- Caffeine and ma huang (ephedrine) are stimulants that can increase our sense of anxiety and ultimately contribute to our stress.
- Many people find that kava creates drowsiness. Recent studies indicate kava may cause liver damage.
What is L-theanine?
- The principal ingredient in Tao in a Bottle is called L-theanine.
- L-theanine is an amino acid found naturally in Green Tea.
- Scientists have known for a long time that theanine promotes relaxation, but they only recently learned how to produce it in an economically practical way, using a sophisticated fermentation technology.
- It’s been available in Japan for over twenty years and is used as a nutritional supplement to promote relaxation without drowsiness. But it is not only used as a nutritional supplement – it is also available in soft drinks, candy and chewing gum to help people relax and to recover from hard physical workouts.
- It just became available for the first time in the United States.
Would I get a similar benefit by just drinking Green Tea?
- It would take 10-20 cups of Green Tea in one sitting to get a similar amount of the theanine found in a single serving of Tao in a Bottle.
Can I purchase a similar product anywhere else?
- Tao in a Bottle is a totally unique product, developed by Ron Teeguarden to promote relaxation without drowsiness within minutes, and to build the body-mind’s ability to handle stress over time. By combining theanine with the world’s most powerful adaptogenic herbs, every aspect of our ability to handle stress is addressed.
- Concentrated green tea capsules that you find in health food stores have very little theanine and will not have the same effect as taking Tao in a Bottle.
- The quality of the herbs used to produce Tao in a Bottle is different from that used to make the commercial products found in natural food and drug stores – it is far superior, as are all Dragon Herbs products.
What about PMS, with its monthly mood swings, aches and pains? And will Tao in a Bottle help those who are going into menopause?
- Studies conducted in Japan have demonstrated that women who suffer from PMS symptoms are greatly benefited by theanine.
- Taking theanine significantly relieves both the emotional and physical symptoms of PMS. Take 1 capsule in the a.m. and 1 capsule in the p.m. to reduce or eliminate all the symptoms of PMS.
- The effect of Tao in a Bottle on menopausal moodiness has not been studied yet, but anyone who is tense and whose mind achieves an alpha state should feel more relaxed.
How will Tao in a Bottle affect our sex lives?
- One of the biggest obstacles to sexual performance and enjoyment is tension and anxiety (insufficient Jing and blood are the most relevant physical causes of sex-related problems). Anxiety can completely sabotage sexual performance, and this can lead to long term impotence, premature ejaculation and frigidity.
- Many people find that Tao in a Bottle is better than a glass of wine or a warm bath to get them in the mood.
- People with too much sex drive, and who have difficulty managing or controlling this energy, can also greatly benefit from Tao in a Bottle because it helps us gain control of ourselves.
Why are there adaptogenic herbs in Tao in a Bottle?
- Adaptogenic herbs are a class of herbs that help us adapt to stress. They provide energy (vitality) that specifically helps us to deal with stress of any kind
- Adaptogenic herbs are not specifically medicinal
- They have been used for over 2000 years to make life easier, more enjoyable, satisfying and more fulfilling. They are the most important herbs in the world because they promote a long, healthy, happy life.
- Adaptogenic herbs help us to maintain balance under stressful circumstances, and they help us recover from stress more quickly and effectively.
- They protect us from many of the influences in nature that cause us to age more quickly, including pollution, radiation, toxins, and the free radicals caused by stress. All the adaptogenic herbs used in Tao in a Bottle have been proven to boost our immune system, while mitigating excessive immune responses such as those that cause auto-immune disorders and allergies. Adaptogenic herbs are extremely beneficial.
- As a result, we can deal more effectively with things that usually make us tense, anxious and angry.
Is there anything like Tao in a Bottle available in health food stores?
- No. The main ingredient is new to the American market.
- As far as we know, this is the first time anyone in the America has blended theanine, which provides immediate relief from stress and tension, with the adaptogenic herbs which make us more resistant to stress over time.
- The quality of the herbs in Tao in a Bottle is superior to that of most products in the marketplace. Ron Teeguarden personally travels to China to pick out only the highest quality of herbs that are rarely if ever sold in this country in health food stores. Dragon Herbs guaranties that its herbal ingredients are the finest in the world.
How do we use Tao in a Bottle?
- Most studies indicate that the effective dose for theanine is between 50 and 400 mg. per day. Tao in a Bottle capsules each contain 100 mg. We suggest taking 1 to 4 capsules each day, according to your level of stress and they way you react to Tao in a Bottle.
- Many people take 2 capsules in the morning, and that lasts all day.
- Many people take 1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the afternoon. That is the method used in the PMS studies done in Japan.
- Some people take 1 capsule in the morning, 1 capsule in the afternoon, and 1 in the evening.
- Some people find that taking 1 or 2 capsules at bedtime results in improved sleep. And when they wake up, they are relaxed, energized and ready to go.
- In other words, there are many optional approaches to using Tao in a Bottle and each person will find what’s best for them.
Most people feel a benefit within 30 to 40 minutes the very first time they try Tao in a Bottle, and will feel the same response every time.
Should we continue taking Tao in a Bottle when we begin to feel better everyday?
- Yes. To get the long term benefits of increasing your resistance to stress, you need to take it regularly.
- Tao in a Bottle is not habit forming, but may be used every day as a tonic formulation.
- It’s a daily supplement for your well being. Tonic herbs (also called adaptogenic herbs) may be taken on a daily basis to nurture radiant health.
How does Tao in a Bottle work with other herbal products?
- Tao in a Bottle is a Shen-stabilizing adaptogenic Qi tonic.
- Shen stabilizing herbs help stabilize our emotions so that we can experience our higher self.
- Adaptogenic herbs increase our vitality while promoting our ability over time to handle stress.
- Qi tonic herbs increase our energy, help regulate our bodily functions, and regulate our immune system.
- Theanine helps a person relax. Stress inhibits or distorts virtually every important function of our body and mind, so theanine may be helpful no matter what a person’s condition or state of health and well being.
- When a person is relaxed, other herbs will have a better chance of entering the body and effect a positive change. Therefore, we recommend taking Tao in a Bottle with every herbal program.
- Stress is the root of most energy
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.